WHY CONDUCT WAGE AND BENEFIT STUDIES?
- By statute 48-818 all Public Employees are due comparable wages and benefits.
- Employers always believe they have better wages and/or benefits.
- Employees always believe they have poor wages and benefits.
- The result is costly impasse, that could have been avoided by having accurate wage and benefit data.
WHEN SHOULD SURVEYS BE CONDUCTED?
- Prior to Budget preparation.
- Post fiscal year.
- Prior to Union certification.
- Prior to negotiations and/or impasse.
HOW COMPARABILITY STUDIES ARE CONDUCTED
- Position descriptions are created and/or reviewed.
- Selecting an “appropriate” array.
- Creation of a survey instrument.
- Analysis of wage rates for Comparability.
- Analysis of benefit policies for Comparability.
- Analysis of HRV rates for Comparability.